Building up on the success of our previous edition in 2021, we are happy to announce that the WideHealth project is once again organizing a workshop on the prestigious conference Ubicomp’23, to be held in Cancun, Mexico, in October 2023.
The objective of this workshop is to address the main challenges for achieving the wider potential of future DTx, and their potential impacts to healthcare management by discussing submissions that will address the following questions:
- Which are the main design challenges for future DTx solutions?
- Which are the best enabling technologies (i.e., the digital excipients) to improve the outreach of DTx?
- Which characteristics of digital interventions (i.e., digital active ingredients) are the key components for achieving clinical efficacy, and for what kind of clinical conditions?
- What should the role of ubiquitous technology be in DTx?
- How can knowledge on AI, HCI and clinical sciences be combined to design future DTx solutions?
- Which can be (and why?) the best use-cases beyond the current ones (i.e., mental health) for the wider uptake of DTx?
- How could these technologies be incorporated into existing clinical practice processes to maximize their uptake?
- What are the key sustainability aspects to consider for future DTx implementation?
- Can we envision future DTx based on Integrative AI approaches?
- How should we address the bias and trustworthiness in the AI algorithms for future DTx?
Submission deadline: June 2 (AoE), 2023
Acceptance notification: June 30 (AoE), 2023
Camera ready deadline: July 31, (AoE), 2023
Workshop: October 8th/9th (TBD), 2023
Oscar Mayora Ibarra, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy
Bert Arnrich, Hasso Plattner Institute, Germany
Mitja Luštrek, Jožef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
Filipa Ferreira-Brito, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
Tiago Guerreiro, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
Hristijan Gjoreski, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, North Macedonia
The EU-funded WideHealth project aims to conduct research on pervasive eHealth and establish a sustainable network of research and dissemination across Europe.